Aguas Andinas: a great control center equipped with Topkapi
Focus on the Operations Control Centre (OCC)
Most of the assets are spread across the concession’s 175.000 Acres and are interlinked through a network more than 15.000 Miles long, all of which can be remotely monitored and controlled from the Operations Control Centre (OCC). With its cutting-edge technological and architectural design, the Operations Control Center is the pillar of the centralising activity.
The OCC is running 24/7 and handles real-time information coming from all units, centralizing the decision making process and optimizing the management of all its “state of the art” IT tools. As a result, with the help of technological tools, the best support is given to the requirements coming from Production, Transportation, Water Distribution, Recollection and treatment operational needs. At the end of the day, customers’ satisfaction and a quality and efficient service are there.
Topkapi SCADA platform in detail
The Remote Monitoring at Aguas Andinas, includes:
- Redundant Topkapi running on Windows 2000 Server.
- 8 “permanent” Clients, 40 “floating” Clients and 135 web-based Clients accessing from the Intranet or Internet.
- The application holds more than 40.000 variables, collecting data from more than 600 field RTUs.
- Integration of heterogeneous devices/brands (RTU, PLC, various drivers) and multiple Topkapi options (Applicom, Modbus, Modbus/Dh, OPC Client, DDE Client, Proto SMS).
- Transfer of SCADA historical data to a database management system - DBMS - (ORACLE), via ODBC and transfer.exe mechanisms.
Topkapi: development, support and assistance
Operational Control Center’s Topkapi Architecture has been implemented by the Company's own staff (Subdivision of Remote Control), with the participation and cooperation of the different operational departments of the company. As for the technological framework, it relied on the know-how and advice of the Agbar Group, while Areal brought experience and technical first class support.
Now, with nearly 10 years of uninterrupted operation, the Operational Control Center has become a vital tool in the operation of Aguas Andinas. Its features and capabilities have been critical to ensure a reliable, helpful and always available supply.
For its part, Topkapi’s versatility and flexibility has allowed Operational Control Center’s data to flow to different areas of the Company, providing support for different profiles, roles and responsibilities, from the control center operators, permanently connected to the Topkapi SCADA platform to perform their remote monitoring and remote control functions, to the more than 130 Web clients with sporadic access according to the needs of updated data.